On Duterte’s claim that NDFP insists on peace negotiations and Agcaoili and Jalandoni want to talk in Manila

By Jose Maria Sison
NDFP Chief Political Consultant
August 8, 2019

Duterte is completely wrong in presuming and implying that the NDFP will negotiate with his regime under his unilateral terms and that Chairperson of the NDFP Negotiating Panel Fidel Agcaoili and Senior Adviser Luis Jalandoni want to talk in Manila despite Duterte’s Proclamation 360 terminating the peace negotiations, Proclamation 374 designating the CPP and NPA as “terrorist” organizations, Executive Order No. 70 and so many other despotic issuances and actions that are obstacles to GRP-NDFP peace negotiations.

It is Duterte who is clearly culpable for the termination of the peace negotiations in contempt of the people’s desire for these. He has terminated these negotiations in order to scapegoat the CPP, NPA and NDFP and gain the pretext to pursue his Marcos-style scheme of fascist dictatorship. There is yet no sign whatsoever that he is abandoning his scheme of fascist dictatorship, which is quite overreaching, especially because of his deteriorating health and the rapidly approaching end of his rule either by ouster or end of his legal term in less than three years.

GRP-NDFP peace negotiations and the Manila visit of Agcaoili and Jalandoni are impossible so long as Duterte is in power and does not remove the aforesaid obstacles that he himself is responsible for. The NDFP stands firmly against any scheme to undermine and destroy the revolutionary cause of the Filipino people. Duterte underestimates the revolutionary integrity, long experience and intelligence of the NDFP by presuming that Agcaoili and Jalandoni will walk into his trap and slaughterhouse in Manila.

Indeed, peace negotiations are a mode of talking to the enemy, addressing the roots of the armed conflict and possibly ending the long-running civil war in the Philippines. Thus, the NDFP is ever willing to negotiate peace with its enemy in order to serve and advance the national and democratic rights of the Filipino people.

GRP-NDFP peace negotiations are possible with the Duterte regime if it does away with the obstacles that it has made and mends its ways, and The Hague Joint Declaration and further agreements are reaffirmed. Otherwise the NDFP cannot do anything else but to further strengthen the Filipino people and the broad united front in their resolve and movement to oust the tyrannical. traitorous, brutal, corrupt and mendacious Duterte regime.

===================================================================

Duterte: Reds ‘insisting’ on resuming peace talks
By: Darryl John Esguerra – Reporter / @DJEsguerraINQ
INQUIRER.net / 05:52 PM August 08, 2019
https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1151926/duterte-reds-insisting-on-resuming-peace-talks?fbclid=IwAR1LZ1RpVWZLeRGxODqKP7wFvN_iQ6ez_DCmPmOLgMfVvEEpc2nxXMVRz9U

FILE – NO HOMECOMING Luis Jalandoni (left) and Fidel Agcaoli, leaders of the National Democratic Front of the Philippines, have aborted plans of coming home to the Philippines, saying that without a meeting with President Duterte, it would be fruitless to talk with his representatives. —AP

MANILA, Philippines—President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday said the communist rebels are “insisting” on resuming peace negotiations with the government.

“I don’t know but they are insisting on resuming the talks and ‘yung iba, I will not mention the name, want to come home to talk,” Duterte said in his speech during the oath-taking of newly promoted star-rank police officers.

“Two of them. As a matter of fact, sabihin ko na si (Luis) Jalandoni pati si (Fidel) Agcaoili,” he added.

Agcaoili and Jalandoni of the National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP) represent the communist rebels in the peace talks with the government.

In November last year, Duterte first announced that Agcaoili and Jalandoni were eyeing to return to the Philippines to meet with him.

READ: Duterte eyes meeting with Red negotiators

Talks between the government and communist leaders collapsed in 2017 over alleged continued rebel attacks on state troops.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.