By Jose Maria Sison
NDFP Chief Political Consultant
The highest military subordinates of Duterte (national security adviser Esperon, defense secretary Lorenzana, DILG secretary Ano, OPAPP secretary Galvez and AFP chief of staff Santos) are opposed to the resumption of peace negotiations between duly-authorized panels of the GRP and NDFP and have made the following declarations:
- They can destroy the CPP and NPA before the end of the Duterte regime despite the failure of all previous regimes to destroy the people’s revolutionary movement and the repeated failure of the current Duterte regime to comply with its deadlines for destroying said movement.
- They oppose peace negotiations in a neutral venue abroad but favor negotiations for the surrender of the CPP, the NPA and entire revolutionary movement in a Philippine venue under the control and manipulation of the regime and its armed minions.
- They can stage fake localized peace talks despite the glaring fact that all organs of the CPP and commands of the NPA at all levels have publicly rejected and condemned such fakery.
- They are happy with, and enjoy the escalating conditions of oppression and exploitation under the semicolonial and semifeudal ruling system of big compradors, landlords and corrupt bureaucrats who are servile to the imperialist powers, their banks and monopoly firms.
- They shun social, economic and political reforms to realize full independence, democracy, social justice and all-round development and they are most vehemently against genuine land reform and national industrialization.
In view of the foregoing, the Filipino people should not be surprised if the GRP-NDFP will not be resumed in the twilight years of the Duterte regime. Either Duterte has been pretending to be for peace negotiations all along or he fails as commander-in-chief to put in line his military subordinates for the resumption of the peace negotiations.
Even before the end of the reciprocal unilateral ceasefire agreement last January 7, the Duterte regime’s military and police minions have been calling for war and blood and have been making offensive deployments against the Filipino people and revolutionary forces throughout the archipelago.
The Filipino people and their revolutionary movement are compelled by their enemy to defend themselves and carry out counter-offensives. Their enemy is fully responsible for sabotaging and preventing the resumption of the peace negotiations. They are justified to wage the new democratic revolution through protracted people’s war. ###