By Prof. Jose Maria Sison
Torture victim and nine years political prisoner of the Marcos dictatorship
June 7, 2016
Etta Rosales, former chair of the bogus Human Rights Commission, is a consistent traitor to the revolutionary movement of the Filipino people by collaborating with the Aquino regime in the unjust imprisonment of hundreds of political prisoners on trumped up charges of common crimes in violation of the Hernandez political offense doctrine, the Comprehensive Agreement on Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law and the Joint Agreement on Safety and Immunity Guarantees.
She is peddling the notion that the Libingan ng mga Bayani is a cemetery of real heroes and not of many traitors, like the mercenaries belonging to the US Allied Forces in the Far East (USAFFE) and the reactionary armed forces of the Philippines, like her father who was the military attache of the Philippine reactionary government to Washington, supplying intelligence to the US government against the Filipino people. Marcos deserves to be with Etta’s father in the same cemetery of traitors.
The real martyrs and heroes of the Filipino people are not in the Libingan ng mga Bayani, a shameless misnomer of recent vintage. They are the fighters of the Hukbalahap who were martyred and buried in Central Luzon. They are the Red commanders and fighters of the New People’s Army and other revolutionaries who died in the struggle against the Marcos fascist dictatorship and the succeeding pseudo-democratic regimes from Cory Aquino to Noynoy Aquino whom Etta Rosales has so cravenly served as the apologist for the atrocities of Oplan Bayanihan after betraying and viciously attacking the revolutionary movement.
Etta Rosales should reread my statement and understand it from point to point all the way to the bottom line that the Marcoses had better keep the remains of the fascist dictator or else run the risk of having the projected massive mausoleum blown up like his giant bust on the highway to Baguio City. My full statement is as follows:
ONCE MORE ON THE BURIAL OF MARCOS
By Prof. Jose Maria Sison
June 4, 2016
1. According to former President Ramos, the Marcos family was allowed to bring back the remains of Ferdinand Marcos to the Philippines on the condition that these were buried in Ilocos Norte.
2. Incoming President Duterte has announced on his authority as president of the reactionary government that he will allow the burial of Marcos’ remains at the so-called Libingan ng mga Bayani, which I consider a burial ground for many traitors and enemies of the Filipino people, including Filipino mercenaries of the US in the USAFFE, soldiers of the reactionary government, Carlos P. Romulo (longtime pro-US Filipino diplomat) and about three puppet and corrupt former presidents.
3. I have been asked by the journalists whether the decision of President Duterte to allow the burial of Marcos’ remains at the so-called Libingan ng mga Bayani would upset the peace negotiations in view of widespread protest and resistance on the premise that Marcos would be honored as hero by being buried in what I consider a cemetery of many traitors. I said no and I pointed out that President Duterte himself had clarified that Marcos was being buried at the Libingan not as a hero but as a soldier.
4. I continue to support and sympathize with all the people who do not wish to honor Marcos as a hero in any way. He was conclusively defined as a traitor by his fascist dictatorship and by his monstrous human rights violations and corruption.
5. The Marcos family should keep the remains of Marcos in Ilocos Norte where these are better guarded by his followers than at the Libingan. They should remember that the big bust of Marcos along the highway to Baguio City was successfully blown up by his so many victims.###